Many of us working in offices suffer from all range of health problems such as elevated blood pressure, obesity, diabetes, etc. the list here goes on and on. Our modern lives usually force us into habits that are detrimental to our health and well being. Fortunately for us, there are some great changes that can be made in order to remedy the situation and ensure that we live healthier lives. Here are some ideas:
1. If you work in an office building chances are that it has several floor levels. Swapping your elevator for stairs is a great way to have your heart pumping. Don’t use the elevator only because everybody else is doing it. Try to be original and reap the benefits now.
2. Try to encourage your boss to buy health screening packages for all the employees. There are multiple benefits of such packages and no boss should overlook the importance of having healthy people to work for them.
3. Limit your coffee intake. I am aware that drinking caffeine is part and parcel of the life of every office and that everybody consumes a lot of it from the morning, but if you find yourself that you need to rely on it to make it through the day this means that you are in trouble. Try to reduce it gradually as even the slightest change in caffeine in your system can give you headaches you might want to avoid.
4. Consider using office sports equipment to get as much exercise as possible while you work or during breaks. This is a rather innovative idea that has found its way into offices. You can find on the market a number of bikes, treadmills, etc. that are designed with office users in mind. you can still get a large portion of your work done while burning calories on an exercise bike or while walking on a treadmill. You just need to be creative about it.
5. Have a lot of drinking water available near you to allow you to be hydrated at all times. This is especially important if you consume a lot of coffee as coffee can cause your body to lose water. Aim to drink at least 2 litres of water per day.