If you have a family member in Assisted Living Wilmington NC, you may be thinking about the best ways to spend time together this winter. The following are a few of the best holiday events in the area.
• A Christmas Stroll through the Past. The Burgwin-Wright House and Bellamy Mansion Museum are the place to be this December 13th for a magical, old fashioned Christmas. The historic houses are bedecked with period decorations and are hosted by interpreters in period costume. There’s music, dancing, refreshments and even a petting zoo.
• Enchanted Airlie. Throughout most of December, Airlie Gardens features holiday flowers basking in the glow of over 300,000 festive lights. This year’s theme is a frozen winter wonderland complete with princesses. Musical entertainment and a large garden model train help make this event extra special.
• Old Wilmington by Candlelight. The Historic District of Wilmington, North Carolina is located in the three hundred block area. Its structures are listed in the National Register of Historic Places. Each year, the beautiful historic homes are decorated for Christmas with the elegant Latimer House the Victorian centerpiece of this annual event.
• Island of Lights Festival. What could be better than an entire island getting into the holiday spirit? An entire island hosting free holiday events! Pleasure Island features lighted displays nightly on businesses and residences around Carolina Beach Lake. The festival runs all through December.
• Island of Lights New Year’s Eve Countdown. This New Year’s Eve make sure you’re by the pier at Kure Beach for this free, family-friendly event. Dance the year away with a DJ, and enjoy refreshments and party favors. There’s even a raffle for the original artwork for the Island of Lights 2014 official Christmas card and ornament.
Whichever of these holiday events you attend, you’re sure to make wonderful memories with your loved ones.