As well as being delicious and refreshing many of our herbal teas are also incredibly beneficial for your immune system. Perfect for drinking at any time of the day, these are some of the best herbal teas to help you feel your best and keep your health in tip top shape.
- Chamomile tea contains an enormous amount of antioxidants which help to strengthen the immune system and protect our bodies from disease. There have been studies to suggest that one of the components of chamomile tea can even target certain types of cancerous cells.
- If you have a bad cold, chamomile tea can help as it has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties. Inhaling the steam from the tea can also help ease congested sinuses and a sore throat.
- Getting enough good quality sleep is vital to keep your immune system functioning properly. Ensure that you have a restful night’s sleep by drinking a cup of chamomile tea before bed. Chamomile has been used for centuries as a traditional remedy for insomnia as it has a tranquilising effect.
- Stress can also damage your immune system and make you more likely to fall ill, however, chamomile tea can help counteract this by helping to relax your nervous system making it the perfect drink to go to at times of increased stress.
- When it comes to teas which boost the immune system green tea is often thought to be one of the most powerful. Green tea contains protective flavonoids which function as powerful antioxidants which protect the body against disease.
- Some studies have suggested that the antioxidants in herbal green tea may even kill flu viruses. Green tea also contains caffeine which can give your body a boost if you’re feeling under the weather.
- Green tea is also known for being rich in polyphenols, which are natural compounds that have health benefits, such as reducing inflammation and helping to fight cancer. It may also help protect the body and keep your immune system healthy as part of a healthy diet and lifestyle.
- Other benefits of green tea include improved brain function and accelerated fat in addition to lowering the risk of heart disease
Moroccan Mint Tea
- As well as being refreshing and invigorating Moroccan mint tea has a huge range of health benefits. Peppermint contains antibacterial properties which help fight off disease causing illnesses and further improve the effective functioning of the immune system.
- Mint tea is great if you have a cold as the traces of potassium, vitamin Band various antioxidants in the tea help the body function and boost your immune system helping you recover faster.
- Some initial animal studies have suggested that some of the beneficial ingredients in mint tea may help when treating cancer and tumours.
- The high antioxidant content in peppermint tea may also have a protective effect on the liver which makes it a great drink to have after a night out.
- Used as a traditional remedy for centuries for its medicinal and therapeutic properties, tea made from the Verbena plant has a lemony taste and a natural sweetness which makes it an enjoyable pick-me-up any time of the day.
- Verbena is rich in phenolic compounds which are powerful antioxidants that protect against free radicals and keep the body healthy by maintaining the immune system. It has similar effects to green tea but without the caffeine making it an excellent after dinner beverage.
- As the components in verbena possess anti-inflammatory properties the tea can be used to ease joint pain and calm general inflammation which may be useful after a workout.
- Studies have shown that verbena contains powerful active substances which reduce fever making it the perfect hot drink to have on hand for cold and flu season.
When it comes to finding the best tea for your immune system – whatever you’re after Sultan Tea has you covered. Please note that these teas are not intended as a replacement for a healthy lifestyle and good diet. However, when used as part of a balanced lifestyle these herbal teas can help relieve symptoms, boost your immune system and improve your overall well-being.