Packing a delicious picnic basket and spending time with your loved one in the park, at the beach, or on a rooftop is a wonderful idea that many couples enjoy. Before you choose the basket and blanket, however, you need to decide what to include on your menu.
Small Changes Improve the Menu
One great way to enjoy a romantic picnic is to skip the main course and pack snack foods instead. Rather than planning a sack lunch-type menu, think of a casual party with friends. Some of the best options are appetizers, easy to hold side dishes, and desserts. Focus on menu items that can be eaten by hand, and, for an extra romantic touch, find some foods that require both of you to prepare.
Inexpensive Ways To Create a Luxurious Meal
A challenge that many people face when preparing a picnic is the desire to invest in luxury foods. However, you can save a lot of money by focusing on some basic items and then swapping them up one step:
- Replace apples and bananas with cherries, strawberries, or figs.
- Rather than a veggie tray, slice your zucchini, cucumber, carrots, and other vegetables thin and long. Skip the salad dressing and use hummus instead.
- Prepare a small charcuterie board with olives, cheese, meats, and honey.
- Swap out potato chips for a sliced baguette and use a simple caprese spread.
- Instead of packing water or soda, pair your food with spritzers, wine or sparkling wine.
- Don’t settle for cookies, pick up some of the tasty pastries arlington heights has available.
You can also make your picnic look fancier by upgrading the packaging. Plastic bags are convenient, but brown paper, fabric, and twine create a much more beautiful presentation.
Think Beyond the Food
In addition to the food, make sure you pack items for comfort and convenience:
- Cloth napkins
- Utensils, including a corkscrew and serving spoons
- Wine glasses
- Sunscreen and bug spray
- Wet clothes for handwashing
- Small chocolates
Think about sticking to a color scheme or other theme that’s meaningful to both of you.
A romantic picnic is a simple way to spend time with each other. This doesn’t mean, however, that the setting or the menu should be simple. Make small improvements to each to create a wonderful ambience and tasteful experience.