If you’ve ever spent hours upon hours in the gym, but haven’t seen the results you’ve expected, you should know one thing: a trim body is made in the kitchen. To slim down, consider eating the following superfoods. They’ll keep you full, prevent bloat, or increase your metabolism, depending on which you choose. Also, consider adding a coq10 supplement to your daily routine, which acts as an antioxidant.
1. Lean meats, like skinless chicken breast, turkey, or 90% lean ground beef. Lean protein will help preserve your muscle as you lose weight, and it will also make sure that your metabolism continues running efficiently.
2. Whole grains, including 100% whole wheat bread and brown rice.
3. Green tea. However, don’t drink this too close to bedtime, since green tea is packed with caffeine.
4. Lentils, which are great for filling you up and feeling hearty without having to eat meat.
5. Hot peppers. If you don’t have any in the house, you can add some hot sauce to your dish.
6. Low-fat dairy, including milk, yogurt, and cottage cheese.
7. Berries, which will taste the best when they cost the least. When berries aren’t super expensive, it’s because they’re in season.
8. Citrus fruits, including oranges, grapefruits, lemons, and limes.
9. Water. Aim for one gallon of water per day.
10. Fish, including salmon, tuna, mackerel, trout, and sardines.
You can work out for hours every day, but you won’t see the same results that you would if you changed your diet.